JOB TITLE : Administrator
DATE : May 1, 2020
REPORTS TO : Managing Members
A. BASIC PURPOSE
The Administrator is a qualified person appointed by the Managing Members to administer, direct, coordinate and supervise the overall day-to day operations and services of the home health agency. The Administrator maintains ongoing liaison among the Managing Members, Professional Advisory Committee and personnel; employs qualified personnel and assures development of personnel qualifications and policies, adequate personnel education and evaluations; ensures the accuracy of public information materials and activities; and, implements an effective budget and accounting system. Responsibility includes oversight for the program of care which provides skilled services and support to home health patients in their place of residence. Responsibility spans planning, development, organization, implementation and evaluation of the Ideal HomeHealth Care program in accordance with accepted Home Health practices, as well as the Medicare Conditions of Participation as a Home Health Agency, state licensure requirements, and the policies and procedures of the organization. This position is available during all operating hours of the agency.
B. PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
Planning, Organizing & Implementation
1. Demonstrates a working knowledge of Medicare Home Health regulations, Conditions of Participation, licensure laws and accrediting body regulations so that the organization is in compliance with accepted standards of practice.
2. Maintains appropriate licenses and certifications.
3. Oversees development of short and long-range goals and keeps Managing Members apprised through reports (both verbal and written) on program development and operations.
4. Manages all financial and personnel components of the organization in accordance with applicable laws and agency policies.
5. Ensures confidentiality of all medical records and personnel files in accordance with agency and HIPAA guidelines.
6. Guarantees that all services, functions and employee practices are maintained in accordance with Affirmative Action policies and laws.
7. Ensures that services are provided to all eligible individuals requesting services and that the care needs of all patients are met through the supervision of staff, including, but not limited to, the Director of Nursing/Clinical Manager.
8. Ensures the development and implementation of policies and procedures relevant to the oversight of all direct care services, contracts, supplies and equipment, and maintenance of standards relative to accreditation and licensure for Home Health.
9. Guarantees that Home Health regulations are upheld as required by federal and state laws, accrediting bodies and third-party reimbursement guidelines.
10. Serves as the agency’s Corporate Compliance Officer.
11. Oversees that the Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement (QAPI) Program and guarantees that process improvement, quality assurance and utilization review and evaluation of the organization is in place.
12. Oversees that the agency’s program is evaluated in all appropriate areas including customer service satisfaction and that program benchmarks against other organizations as appropriate.
13. Complies with all appropriate standards and practices relative to infection control and safety.
Human Resource Management
1. Evaluates the effectiveness of the agency through the supervision of the Director of Nursing/Clinical Manager.
2. Guarantees that Home Health is run in accordance with the agency’s policies and in tandem with the organization’s personnel policies and procedures.
3. Provides for ongoing supervision and performance evaluations for all employees.
4. Oversees recruitment, retention, employment, assignment and termination of personnel.
5. Oversees and coordinates employee/contractor orientation and ensures instruction is provided by qualified personnel.
6. Oversees staff development and education.
7. Ensures appropriate communication with all personnel through staff and departmental meetings as well as written and oral communications.
8. Manages oversight of all contracted services.
9. Effectively manages the office on a day-to-day basis for maximum efficiency of all staff.
10. Guarantees maintenance of agency filing system.
Ensures that all personnel and clinical records are maintained in a professional and confidential manner.
1. Maintains all financial and budget records.
2. Oversees preparation of both the capital and operating annual budgets and presents for approval to the Managing Members.
3. Supervises auditing, accounting and statistical management and reporting.
4. Oversees that appropriate records are kept for maximum recovery of third party reimbursements.
5. Coordinates the public relations and marketing programs.
6. Oversees that educational/marketing materials are available and distributed to the general public.
7. Keeps public appropriately informed on the agency’s activities, plans and accomplishments.
8. Guarantees effective coordination of care with physicians and the health care community.
9. Ensures that services are provided effectively, efficiently and in a cost-effective manner.
10. Participates in the planning and evaluation of all services provided relevant to the provision of care to patients, families, organizations, facilities and the community at large.
11. Prepares reports for the Managing Members and compiles appropriate statistics on services provided.
12. Prepares the annual report as required under the Home Health Medicare Conditions of Participation.
1. Effectively communicates in interpersonal, professional and public relationships.
2. Demonstrates a commitment to advancing home and community-based services and Ideal HomeHealth Care.
3. Ensures that verbal and written communications are understandable, with attention given to feelings, opinions, and attitudes of others.
4. Keeps personnel informed of changes that affect them.
5. Answers correspondence, email and voicemail appropriately and in a timely manner.
6. Develops and maintains good working relationships with employees, community health, welfare and social agencies, and reaches out to the community to maintain existing resources while developing new ones to meet patient and family needs.
7. Adheres to the organization’s Code of Conduct.
8. Works cooperatively with and nurtures positive working relationships with personnel.
9. Possesses the personal characteristics of professionalism and commitment to high standards with a strong work ethic, confidence, creativity, innovation, integrity and stability.
C. HUMAN RELATIONS
1. Must maintain a professional attitude and demeanor and be able to communicate effectively and relate courteously and cooperatively with patients, caregivers, colleagues, supervisors, co-workers and all others.
2. Must be able to demonstrate optimism, enthusiasm and willingness to work constructively with other health care team members and reflect concern for the well-being of patients and employees.
3. Able to supervise staff and coach them to improve functioning and overall agency services.
4. Is an empathetic and effective listener.
5. Demonstrates a commitment to providing high quality home health services as evidenced by appropriate professional behavior.
6. Demonstrates professionalism and shows genuine concern for those with whom he or she has a working relationship.
7. Demonstrates responsibility for enhancing professional growth.
8. Creates verbal and written communications that are understandable with attention given to the feelings, opinions, and attitudes of others. Keeps personnel informed of changes that affect them through meetings, correspondence, email and voicemail which are utilized appropriately.
9. Develops and maintains good working relationships with other staff, community health, welfare and social agencies, and reaches out to the community to maintain existing resources and develop new ones to meet patient and family needs.
D. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
1. This position requires the Administrator to work primarily in an office environment where heating and air conditioning is controlled, but may require travel to other locations, meetings, and seminars, etc.
2. Visual/hearing ability must be sufficient to comprehend written/verbal communication and include excellent listening skills.
3. Must be able to deal effectively with stress.
E. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
a. Possesses a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university or the equivalent, based on background and experience.
a. Possesses a minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a medical, health or business setting, with experience in home-based services preferred.
b. Possesses a minimum of three (3) years’ experience in supervision, administration or home health agency management.
3. Licensure, Registration, and/or Certification
a. Valid Pennsylvania driver’s license and reliable transportation that is insured in accordance with state laws and requirements.
b. Satisfactory references from employers and/or professional peers.
c. Satisfactory criminal background check.
I have read and understand the Administrator job description. It has been reviewed and discussed with me and I have had the opportunity to ask questions regarding same.