Over the last half century, a number of laws have been put in place to ensure that marginalized groups are treated equally in the workplace. Under diverse local, state, and federal laws, most employers are barred from discriminating against employees on the basis of characteristics such as race, age, national origin, gender, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity, religion, and pregnancy in every aspect of employment, including:
- • Hiring and termination
- • Compensation and salary
- • Classification of employees
- • Demotion, promotion, layoff, or recall
- • Recruitment and testing
- • Use of company facilities
- • Training and apprenticeship programs
- • Fringe benefits
- • Pay, retirement plans, and disability leave.
Ibrahim Ahmed Law Group, P.C. has extensive experience representing employees with a variety of discrimination claims. Contact the hard-working team of legal professionals for supportive counseling and aggressive representation in discrimination claims.